Spazapp Competition Terms and Conditions
A minimum of 3 purchases or payments to your Spazapp Wallet via Masterpass are required for entry into the competition. A user must be registered to Spazapp in order to make use of their Wallet – and receive payments.
Payments can be received for purchases of products or Money Market services.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who received a minimum of three (3) payments into their Spazapp Wallet via Masterpass. Entrants are required to be 18 years and older as of 1 October 2017. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of South Africa who reside in Kwazulu Natal or Gauteng. Employees of Spazapp, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Spazapp as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 10 October 2017 and ending on 10 November 2017. All transactions must be received by midnight on 10 November 2017.
4. How to Enter: The Competition must be entered by receiving a minimum of three (3) payments to your Spazapp Wallet via your customers’ Masterpass App. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Spazapp. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Spazapp.
· The overall Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive R10,000. This amount will be awarded to the Winner – paid to their chosen bank account or in cash. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Spazapp to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
· Two spot prizes of R500 will be awarded during the Competition period. These winners will be chosen at random by Spazapp, and only awarded to qualifying participants. This amount will be awarded to the Winner – paid to their Spazapp Wallet only. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Spazapp to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
· Prizes will only be awarded to qualifying participants. Should no person meet the qualifying requirements, no prize may be awarded.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Spazapp. Winner will be notified by telephone within ten 10 days following selection of Winner. Spazapp shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to no answer, voicemail, or other instances where the Winner does not answer the number registered to their Spazapp account. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 2 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPAZAPP’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Terms & Conditions: Spazapp reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Spazapp’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Spazapp may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Spazapp. Spazapp reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Spazapp reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Spazapp and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF SOUTH AFRICA AND, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. The Campaign hosted by Spazapp is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.